INTERNATIONAL EVENTS / TECHNOLOGY / BUSINESS
#GALSNGEAR, in partnership with the National Association of Broadcasters, will host an in-person Women’s Leadership Summit and other content and networking events at the 2022 NAB Show in Las Vegas. Works to ensure women in media, entertainment and technology gain visibility and facilitates high-level learning and networking opportunities at industry events.
“We’re proud of our strong partnership with NAB since 2016 and so grateful to our sponsors. #GALSNGEAR events have resulted in more women sharing their industry expertise on stages, and in more learning and networking opportunities for participants,” said #GALSNGEAR Founder Amy DeLouise.
“NAB is honored to support #GALSNGEAR in its efforts to promote more opportunities and better visibility for women working in the content lifecycle,” said April Carty-Sipp, NAB Executive Vice President of Industry Affairs. “As the premier destination for media, entertainment and technology professionals, NAB Show provides the ideal platform for the Women’s Leadership Summit and will enable attendees to learn new skills, hear from top influencers in the industry and grow their networks.”
The current schedule of events is as follows. The Sunday session is open to all NAB Show attendees. A Summit conference registration is required for all other panels and events.
SUNDAY April 24: Omniverse Meets Multiverse: Remote Workflows, Creative Results
Panelists: Lauralea Otis, Production Technology Manager, MARVEL and Sepi Motamedi, Global Broadcast Industry Marketing Lead, NVIDIA
Moderator: Amy DeLouise, Founder, #GALSNGEAR
As an open-to-all preview to the Tuesday Summit, #GALSNGEAR will delve into innovations in remote workflows that are changing creative vision and results. Following the session, speakers, fellow #GALSNGEAR members and peers will be on hand for a networking mixer sponsored by NVIDIA and DELL on the NAB Show floor.
TUESDAY April 26: #GALSNGEAR Women’s Leadership Summit
- 10-10:30 a.m. Coffee|Networking sponsored by Blackmagic Design
- 10:30-12 p.m. Launch Your Leadership Journey with Ellyn McKay, CEO Vision
- 12-1:00 p.m. Connect Break| Headset Wellbeing Experience courtesy of Thrive360 and Women in Streaming Media
- 1-2:15 p.m Build Authority, Platform and Power with Eva Jannotta, Medusa Media Group
- 2:30-3:00 p.m. Connect Break | Professional Headshots sponsored by Platform Communications; Snacks sponsored by DELL & NVIDIA
- 3-4:00 p.m. Panel: Media & Entertainment Trends & Strategies (Ginger Hudson, senior director, Technical Management, Edgecast; Katie Fellion, founder, Light Iron; DeShuna Spencer, CEO, kweliTV; Janice Gin, news director, KITV (ABC) Honolulu; and Alicia Pritchett, president, Women in Streaming Media; Moderated by Dina Ibrahim, executive director, The CSU Entertainment Alliance and professor of Broadcast & Electronic Communication Arts, San Francisco State)
- 4-5:00 p.m. Next Steps: Power Up Your Leadership Journey
Information about the #GALSNGEAR Summit is here.
#GALSNGEAR™ is an initiative that amplifies and supports women in media, entertainment and technology through opportunities for speaking, training and networking. The program was founded by Amy DeLouise and has offered pop-up panels, networking events and training opportunities for women in the US and abroad since 2016. Learn more at http://www.galsngear.tv
WE ALL KNOW WHAT IS NAB Show
NAB Show, held April 23 – 27, 2022, in Las Vegas, is the premier event for content professionals in the media, entertainment and technology ecosystem. It is the ultimate marketplace for those seeking to create superior audio and video experiences. From creation to consumption, across multiple platforms, NAB Show is where global visionaries convene to bring content to life in new and exciting ways. www.nabshow.com
*The National Association of Broadcasters is the premier advocacy association for America’s broadcasters. NAB advances radio and television interests in legislative, regulatory, and public affairs. Through advocacy, education, and innovation, NAB enables broadcasters to best serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and seize new opportunities in the digital age. www.nab.org.