The Audiovisual, Fiction and Documentary Authors’ Association, presents “La Usina de Migre” at NATPE 2014
It is the Association of skilled creators of stories to provide services to companies in key stages of the process of production of audiovisual works in the global market. LA USINA DE MIGRÉ offers a powerful new tool for the audiovisual industry...read more
“2013 is the most successful year of channel E! By the number of hours produced,” Jorge Murillo, country manager for Mexico and Central America
With a showcase held in Mexico City , E! Entertainment Networks Mexico presented some of their latest products for 2014, highlighting the brand new musical series Wake up! with no make up, co-produced by Coca-Cola, Warner Chappell and Once Loops for Latin America .This being the first scripted series of channel E! worldwide, TVMAS spoke with Jorge Murillo, country manager for Mexico and Central America , about the foray of the channel...read more
Harris Broadcast strengthens working team with new appointments
More than three months after the merger of Harris Broadcast, the company announced appointments in sales, service and human resources in order to strengthen their team and to lead globally as an independent company. These appointments highlight Steve Reynolds as Chief Technology Officer and Skip Sorenson as…read more
Co-produced by Coca-Cola TV alongside E! the series Wake up! with no make up
The musical series of 13 episodes of 30-minutes produced for Latin America is the result of the partnership between these two industry giants next to Warner Chapell in the musical part as well as Once Loops in the production. TVMAS was part of the presentation of the cast and production team in Mexico, where they stressed the desire to invest in quality content…read more
Televisa premieres second season of the series Maria de Todos los Angeles
Four years after the first season, Televisa filed the second installment of 20 episodes of the hit series Maria de Todos Los Angeles,produced by Pedro Ortiz de Pinedo, original idea of Mara Escalante. TVMAS spoke with the producer on the challenge to…read more
Canal Once renews image and features programming 2014
Before a large group of guests from the cultural, academic and artistic fields, as well as media, where TVMAS was present, took place the presentation of the new image and programming of Canal Once in the Soumaya Museum in Mexico City. With a moving presentation led by journalists Adriana Pérez and Javier Solórzano Canedo, the director of the station, Enriqueta Cabrera announced that the station…read more
Azteca Novelas prepares two productions for 2014
The Mexican broadcaster will launch on the screen of Azteca Trece two new productions in the first quarter of next year. Maricarmen Marcos and Rita Fusaro the producers, are already working on the pre-production of the stories that will fill the channel’s prime time…read more
Los Juegos del Hambre: En Llamas(The Hunger Games: Catching Fire) collects US$ 25.3 million in its opening
The second installment of the eponymous trilogy, written by American, Suzanne Collins, was released last weekend in the U.S. on its fist day grossing U.S. $ 25.3 million as reported by distributor Lionsgate. This amount exceeds 28% more than…read more
– Guillermo del Toro working on the production of series The Strain, after presenting the pilot to FX, the pay TV signal asked for 13 episodes to premiere in July 2014. The vampire story is based on his own series of books co -written by Chuck Hogan.
– Due to the surprising success of the films: Nosotros los Nobles and No se Aceptan Devoluciones, Mexican cinema exceeded 1,000 million pesos in the domestic box office.
– Amazon signs exclusive contract to transmit movies of A24 Films via streaming, such as Spring Breakers, The Bling Ring and The Spectacular Now.
– The State-owned telecommunications company in Bolivia, Entel, relaunches in 2014 its DTH service through the Tupac Katari satellite, which will be placed into orbit by the national State in December.
– The VePlusTV channel belonging to Venevision Continental expanded their distributions in Ecuador joining the offer of the operator Grupo TV Cable.
– Claro, Slim’s mobile operator will be fined USD $45 million, after ratifying the ‘abuse of dominance position’ and other breaches of free competition.
– In Mexico: Azteca evaluates seeking legal remedies against retransmission of their signals by pay-TV operators.
– Venevision Productions, the Cisneros Media producer, signed agreement with Venezuelan journalist and author Ibéyise Pacheco, for a TV adaptation of the book Sangre en el diván.
– In Spain: RTVE presented + TVE the new second screen application for mobiles and tablets that allow the viewer to capture live and share in social networks their favorite moments of programs and series of Spanish TV.