NATPE 2014: More digital presence and new alliances
In a conference call with the most important media industry, NATPE president and CEO, Rod Perth confirmed a significant assistance to NATPE in Miami, from January 27th to the 29th again at the Fontainebleau Resort and Convention Center in Miami Beach. “More international buyers, digital presence and new partnerships". He stressed that there will be...read more
RTVE takes to Europe, Perú Mágico
The channel produced by Media Networks for Peruvian communities abroad, began marketing in Europe through RTVE, after the representation agreement was signed and which activates....read more
Telefónica earmarks USD $1.863 billion in networks for Argentina
The investment aims, the development of telecommunications networks in Argentina in the next two years, allocating 5.2 billion pesos (USD $825 million) to increase connection speed, deploy new stretches of optical fiber and install…read more
Marlon Quintero in Sangre en el Diván
Venevision Productions, the Cisneros Media production house, announced the hiring of renowned Venezuelan producer, Marlon Quintero, who joins the production team of the TV series “Sangre en el Divan” as…read more
Moby Group develops first series in Afghanistan
The media group, Moby Group, one of the largest in Afghanistan, launched through its channel Tolo TV, the first series full HD, Defenders, produced by Kaboora Productions, which is part of the group, and has great presence in Iran, Pakistan and Yemen. Under the production of Daniel Mesa, who previously worked for…read more
Inaugurated in Mexico the first FIFA Official Store in Liverpool
After this alliance for both companies, Charles Rangel and Gerardo Acolcocer, managers of Liverpool in company with SportsJay, commercial director ofSportsJay, which owns the FIFA license company in Mexico, and the players Duilio Davino, Joaquin Beltran and Jose Antonio "El gringo" Castro, performed the ribbon cutting for the opening of the first official FIFA store with…read more
12 Years a Slave and American Hustle sweep the nominations in Golden Globes
They have released the nominations for the next installment of The Golden Globes, which will be held on 12 January at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills. The surprise of this year ‘s seven nominations for the films: 12 Years a Slave and American Hustle, followed by Captain Phillips and Gravity with four each, which highlights the Mexican nomination…read more
– The Universal Studio movie channel owned by NBC Universal, starts broadcasting its HD signal in the first quarter of 2014.
– Takes for the first time in Colombia the FremantelMedia format, Idol Colombia, co-production between RCN and 2&2 shooting starting in January 2014.
– The German company Gfk – signed a five-year agreement with Band, Record, Rede TV! and SBT to measure audiences in Brazil from 2015.
– Netflix won the rights to broadcast Better Call Saul, the next show derived from Breaking Bad, which will be broadcast only to subscribers of the platform worldwide.
– Azteca America – launches free application for Android and iOS, which allows access to the main videos of the library of the Hispanic TV network.
– Telecinco and Globomedia already working on a new comedy series set on a cruise. The fiction is borne by the creative team of the successful Spanish series Aida, hoping to get the same success.
– Edith Gonzalez and Mauricio Islas star in Las Bravo. The new production of Azteca Novelas announced the cast who will form the stellar production of the Mexican television station, which begins broadcasting the first quarter of 2014.